Dr. Jen Hosler
Physical Therapist, Strength Coach, Mobility Specialist
Dr. Jen Hosler is a physical therapist, strength coach, and mobility specialist who works with active adults and athletes in the Tampa Bay Area. With a background as an athlete (gymnastics, softball, soccer, cheerleading, and volleyball), Dr. Jen has always had a passion for athletics, fitness, and health.
After two knee surgeries in high school and many grueling hours of physical therapy, Dr. Jen felt drawn to a career in physical therapy. Throughout her undergraduate studies in exercise science, Dr. Jen began learning more about the human body on her own, which she thinks is absolutely fascinating. Once Dr. Jen entered the health and fitness world, there was no turning back.
After her undergraduate studies, Dr. Jen enrolled in physical therapy school at the University of South Florida where she gained extensive knowledge in human movement and health. Throughout her graduate studies, Dr. Jen furthered her education even more through self-learning and taking continuing education courses. She wanted to build upon the solid foundation she was receiving in school to truly help all her patients. To this day, Dr. Jen still can’t learn enough.
Outside of the physical therapy office, Dr. Jen can be found outside soaking up Florida’s beautiful sun, in the gym strength training, or outdoors being adventurous with her husband Ryan and golden retriever Oliver.
Dr. Jen loves all things related to fitness and exercise, except running anything more than short sprints. She also loves learning new skills at the gym, never matches her socks, and owns an extensive collection of colorful sunglasses.
Dr. Jen’s personal and clinical experience allows her to provide the highest level of care she can to all of her patients. She understands her patients active lifestyles and will never tell them to quit doing what they love. Dr. Jen understands your goals and will help you formulate a plan to achieve them. Additionally, Dr. Jen loves enhancing her patients’ human potential so that after physical therapy they can continue living a strong resilient life.
Dr. Jen’s education and professional certifications include:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – University of South Florida
- B.S. in Kinesiology & Exercise Science – Indiana University
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) – NSCA
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) mobility specialist
- Kinstretch Level 1 Instructor
- Rocktape FMT level 1 & 2 certified
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) level 1 & 2 certified
Dr. Jen has also taken various continuing education courses to further her knowledge in rehabilitation and athletic performance, including:
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) exercise 1 & 2
Dr. Stuart McGill’s courses:
- Building the Ultimate Back: From Rehabilitation to High Performance
- Converging on a Precise Diagnosis: The Three Hour Assessment
- Dr. Justin Dean’s Mastering the Clinical Audit Process
- Dr. Ryan DeBell’s Movement Fix workshop
- And various Perform Better 3-Day Functional Training Summits
Dr. Jen is the co-owner of Movement Upgraded alongside her husband Ryan. It’s Dr. Jen’s goal to help as many people as she can to become stronger and more comfortable in their bodies. Dr. Jen also loves working with females to help empower them to thrive and live their strongest lives.
Follow Dr. Jen Hosler on social media: